[Tutorial] How to use Processing IDE with Python
In this tutorial, I’m going to show how to use Processing IDE for Python development.
I - Instalation
- First of all, just go to the Processing web site and download it: https://www.processing.org/download/
- Unzip the downloaded folder and execute processing(or processing.exe on Windows).
II - Install Python Mode
- Click in the Menu Mode(with the default value Java), click in the option Add Mode…
- This is the Mode Manager, select Python, and start the installation process.
- Restart the Processing to complete the installation
Done!! To use it, just go to Mode Selector(where Java is marked as default) and select Python.
You can open the examples to test if everything is ok, and to learn more about Processing. Take a look in my blog, there are more tutorials out there.
That’s all, thanks for reading.