[Tutorial] How to use Processing IDE with Android
In this simple tutorial, I’m going to show you how simple is to use Processing with Android.
- First of all, just go to the Processing web site and download it: https://www.processing.org/download/
- Unzip the downloaded folder and execute processing(or processing.exe on Windows).
- Click in the Menu Mode(with the default value Java), click in the option Add Mode…
- Processing IDE:
- This is the Mode Manager, select Android Mode and start the installation process.
- Now, close your Processing IDE
- Download the Android SDK from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html and unzip the file
- Open the Processing IDE.
- If Processing ask where is the Android SDK, select the folder where you extracted the downloaded file.
It’s done!! Your Processing IDE is ready for Android. To use it, just go to the Mode Selector(where is Java by default) and select Android.
You can use the examples to test if everything is fine.
That’s all, thanks for reading.